Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Dear support, please update your hardwar...
Dear support, please update your hardware for free.

2817 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2015-11-01 03:59:36

•   Level 4   
    (191) points
    tysken
    2015-10-23 10:03:39
     Hello Support,

i am a private person to use the Autel Maxisys not commercial.And i can´t update because the license ended in July.
    So far is this not so important, that i can´t update the car brands.

But for the hardware you should allow to update even that somebody has a expired license for car-brands.

Today i updated the VCi without problems.But the system update do not work and i get the information to  buy a new license.Why you handle that like this?I don´t understand?When the new update is for better performance and maybe speed(it was always faster then Auto-com), why should we all pay for it?

Can you explain that?

It´s so simple to handle that, and it would make the customer more satisfied.Many are angry and get no information.This is not satisfying and i think you understand that well.

The problem with Ford and the change of the logos is not your fault, and all should understand that.

But hardware updates, please, that should be a service.

I called the Swedish support today, and he said i have to wait.So far no problem.And he can´t do anything about your policy of updates.So this is the reason why i contact you here.

My Maxisys is the V09G30203606 and expired in July 2015 with update, the warranty period is okay till 16/04/2015, because i bought it in 2014.

Jan-Erik from Autel US answer with: System update for tablet, system program for maxisys app, and bluetooth firmware update are free!!!

Can you give me a answer if you are kind.It would help the others also....

Thanks and greetings from Sweden.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-10-24 04:14:44 (Reply to:tysken)

No point updating only the Hardware it self as once you update the hardware all your old software will not work with new hardware...................So, if your subscription has expired than you are better of staying with what you have.....................

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-24 05:40:07 (Reply to:tysken)

Correct if they allow you to update the system then you will no longer have vehicles and the tool will be useless. They should not let expired tools update the new system. Unless they want to piss off there customers.

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-10-24 09:29:53 (Reply to:hondaman219)

yes I believe its Greed now not to be above the rest 

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-26 03:37:36

That's correct, we have updated all the vehicle software based on the new system version. So the old vehicle software can't be run under the new system, once installing the new system, it will remove all the vehicle software. That's why we don't provide free system update for the expired units.

•   Level 4   
    (191) points
    tysken
    2015-10-28 13:48:56 (Reply to:Support02)
     Hello Support02,

thanks for answer and the information.So far it makes me not angry.

I get in 2014 the Maxisys like Windows XP, and when i want now in 2015 the Maxisys with Windows 10 i have to buy the update.Can we handle like that?

lol.

So thanks for the declaring, i understand now.It´s a pitty, but however i can continue with my diagnostic and that was a reason to buy it ,too.With Bosch or somelse i must buy a update every year otherwise it will be deactivaded.

So far so good.

Thanks and greetings from Sweden.

Thanks to all others for information too.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-10-30 03:25:39 (Reply to:Support02)

support what you say is all well and good but if you only have a few weeks left on the old system and upload to the new system why don't you honor the new platform and offer bug fixes for free for six months as there are many problems on the new software that were ok on the old....

remember if it was not for the people on this forum your tool would be rubbish and you would never know the problems we face.... so rather than just take show some good will.......

and share the love we bought your tool in good faith.....

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2015-10-31 04:41:04 (Reply to:busaman)

Hi busaman, yes, all of your feedback are really appreciated, which will help to improve our products much better. As for the software updating, I think now all the software are supposed to be much better than previous versions, especially on newer vehicles. So if you found any missing functions comparing the previous versions, please report it to us. Thanks for your supporting.

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-11-01 03:59:36 (Reply to:Support02)

support your not understanding what i am saying.. maybe 1 in 10,000 autel users come on this forum to help you understand what we need and what needs fixing..

we help you greatly with our input and time taken to send logs etc. where the normal user just accepts it doesn't work doesn't complain or inquire further

what i am saying is all the users on this forum that trouble themselves to help you deserve the the favour returned....
  Total1 Pages